A le Boteghe B&B lies 50 metres from Campo Santo Stefano, one of the most beautiful and wide square in Venice where you will find Santo Stefano and San Vidal Churches, Morosini, Loredan &Franchetti (seat of Venetian Institute of Sciences, Letters and Arts) and Pisani (seat of Benedetto Marcello Academy of Music) palaces. Santo Stefano church is one of the greatest gothic churches in Venice (together with Frari and SS. Giovanni e Paolo church): its ceiling looks like the bottom of a ship and houses several works of the most famous artists such as for instance Jacopo Tintoretto, Jacopo Palma the Old and many others.
The itineraries starting from Campo Santo Stefano are so many that you only have to choose among several opportunities.
Eastwards through street “Calle del Spezier” you will take only ten minutes to join Saint Mark’s Square. There you will find the great Basilica, the Campanile (bell tower) where you could climb just to the top to admire the wonderful view over the city and the lagoon, the Doge’s Palace, the Correr Museum and the Clock Tower.
southwards, bordering San Vidal church, in two minutes you will be at the top of Accademia Bridge (one of the four bridges crossing the Grand Canal together with Rialto bridge, Scalzi bridge at the rail-station and the new Calatrava brige in Piazzale Roma) and, after admiring the beautiful view of the Grand Canal, coming down to the left you will find just in front of you the prestigious Accademia Gallery. It contains works of the most famous painters such as Jacopo Palma il Vecchio, Jacopo e Giovanni Bellini, G.B. Tiepolo, Giorgione, Vittore Carpaccio, Andrea Mantegna, Piero della Francesca, Cosmè Tura, Jacopo Tintoretto, Tiziano Vecellio, Paolo Veronese, Antonio Visentini, Pietro Longhi, Canaletto, Guardi and much more. Coming down to the right in five minutes Palace Venier dei Leoni will appear in front of you: it is the seat of the beautiful modern art collection of Peggy Guggenheim;
Westwards, walking through Calle de le Boteghe (already heard this name, isn’t it?) and Salizzada San Samuele, in three minutes you will arrive at Palazzo Grassi, seat of famous and prestigious exhibitions.
finally, by proceeding northward and after admiring the front-side of Santo Stefano Church (observable from the windows of A LE BOTEGHE B&B as well) you will walk across Calle va in Campo, then Campo Sant’Angelo, Campo Manin, Campo San Luca, Campo San Salvadr and Campo San Bartolomeo and in ten minutes you will be next to Rialto Bridge… it could be time for taking some pictures! Cross the Bridge and be dazzled by colours and charmed by the parfums of the typical Market selling fruits, vegetables and fishes!
How to join us
Find out how to reach at our Bed & Breakfast coming to Venice by car, train, plane, hydrofoil or by boat.
- Once you arrive at Santa Lucia Venice's train station, take the waterbus line number 1 and get off at Sant'Angelo stop, or take line number 2 (direction Rialto) and get off at San Samuele stop (Waterbus timetable)
- from the airport you can take the Alilaguna Orange Line, a small boat, that will bring you to Sant'Angelo stop
- Otherwise you can take the bus that will bring you to Piazzale Roma (Venice car terminal) where you will take the waterbus line number 1 and get off at Sant'Angelo stop, or take line number 2 (direction Rialto) and get off at San Samuele stop (Waterbus Timetable)
- landed at the Maritime Station you can reach Piazzale Roma (Venice car terminal) with the people-mover (little elevated train) where you will take the waterbus line number 1 and get off at Sant'Angelo stop, or take line number 2 (direction Rialto) and get off at San Samuele stop (Waterbus Timetable)
Hydrofoil from Croatia
- Once you get off from the hydrofoil your can take the waterbus line number 2 from the near stop San Basilio to reach, along Tronchetto-Canal Grande, San Samuele stop (Waterbus timetable)